Saturday, August 23, 2008

Great Plains Stampede Rodeo and The First Day of School


Thursday night kicked off the 2008 annual Great Plains Stampede Rodeo and of course we just had to go! The girls absolutely LOVE cows and horses! They were in Heaven petting and looking at all the animals and cowboys! They have quite the obsession with horses and cowboy hats and considering Jim is their Papaw, they come by it honestly! :)

The night started off at Papa and Pippy's house with a wonderful dinner Patti made! We took a few pics before we left for the festivities. Here are a couple of the girls' western attire! :)




When we arrived at the rodeo we had to find close seats so the girls could see. We had no idea we were not going to be able to get the girls off the fence! :)



There was a girl from California sitting next to us and it was her 1st rodeo, she probably thought we were crazy for letting the girls get so close! But they just loved being able to see the longhorns and one cowboy even came over and let the girls pet his horse! It was so cool! As the night progressed there were kids who rode mini bulls! I told Jeff they were baby bulls, he might have freaked out if he actually knew they were "minis." ( for some reason Jeff is afraid of people and animals of "small stature") HA!


The clowns are always a great attraction for the kids and we just so happened to be next to their trailer. I'm just happy they did not shoot Barney like they did last year! That was a bit traumatizing to 2 little girls who absolutely adore that big purple dinosaur! Here is a pic of Chloe with the rodeo clown!


Caity couldn't get away from the gate long enough to get a pic with the clown! She stayed posted up on the fence!

We had a blast the the rodeo this year! Matter of fact Caity and Chloe have yet to take off their hot pink boots and cowboy hats! We are already looking forward to next year!

To change the subject, Caitlyn and Chloe started Mother's Day Out last week! This will be their 3rd year and it was almost sad that 1st day! They are no longer in the toddler room :( they have advanced to the 2 and 3 year old room! Every year they would cry on the 1st day and I would stay until they calmed down and realized I would be back for them shortly. Not this year...I could barely get them to give me a good bye kiss! Caity was like "Bye Mom" and chloe just ran and started playing with the other kids! :( It was so sad to see what big girls they are becoming! I am thankful to have a few hours a week to get the house cleaned up, go to the grocery store, or have a few hours of quite in my house! Here are some pics of their 1st day of MDO!



I can't believe how big these girls are getting! I want to show you a pic from their 1st day of MDO last year! Back when they were in the toddler room!


Whew...that year flew by! I am thankful the girls have such a great place to grow as Christians and become beautiful little ladies!

That concludes this blog post! I hope you enjoy it as much as I love sharing! Feel free to leave a comment, so I know you dropped by! ;)
Until next time........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Girls look like they LOVED it!! Wish we could have joined you all. I guess I'm gonna have to break down and get a blogspot at well.
Angela

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh they look adorable in those little hats and pink boots....you've gone all techy and got a blogspot....with all the pictures I've been taking and editing, I really need to start one too!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh, forgot that said anonymous...it's Angela "Country" Pieroni....

Anonymous said...

I love the rodeo pictures. I cannot believe how big they are. I hope you have a great week and I will let you know when I am coming up. Ali