Monday, October 13, 2008

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you........

I would like to thank Jeff's dad, Jim, for all his hard work this weekend!!!!! I have been dreaming about using the dishwasher I got back in Christmas 06...and finally my dream came true this weekend!!!! Jim gave Jeff the inspiration to insatall the dishwasher, finally! After a few hours of the 2 men reconfiguring the cabinates, electrial work, and plumbing I now have a dishwasher! Good bye washing dishes by hand...FOREVER!!!!!! :) Those that know me, know I hate 2 things...washing dishes and folding laundry! Now all I need is some kind of robot to fold all my laundry! Why can't it come out of the dryer folded? But seriously, I can handle folding laundry while my dishes wash in the..... dishwasher! YAY!

Jim also helped Jeff paint Jack's room! The room used to hold all of the girls' toys! OH MY GOSH.....these kids have entirely too many toys! After they got the room all painted I began the dreaded task of sorting through mass of dolls, strollers, barbies, ponys, etc! I will be having a garage sale soon! Finally about 5 hours later, I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. I got a really good start on decorating the nursery so I tok some pics of our work in progress.

Before I show you the pics I want to tell you how I came up with the decorating ideas and the name for our little boy, Jackson James Owenby "Jack." My grandfather was Jack Barnes, hence "Jack" ans Jeff's dad is James. Well, my grandpa ment so much to me and I just had to name my first born son after him! My G-pa loved horses and Baseball. He started American Legion Baseball in SW Oklahoma and served on the American Legend Staff for many years. All the baseball stuff you see in the room are bats and balls from American Legend World Series games, some are even signed. Jeff also loves baseball so many of the balls you see are balls he had signed while attending Pro baseball games, Jeff even has rookie baseball cards of various players in plaques that we displayed in Jack's room along with gloves Jeff used when he played ball. WE plan on putting all the signed balls and bats in some kind of display case to preserve them, then hang them on them wall (I'm open to any suggestions on how to achieve this). My G-pa also loved horses, he raced horses for many years and collected many horse figurines. My mom painted the horse picture for my g-pa, so that piece of art is very special to me! I am trying to honor my G-pa memory by displaying some of his most beloved materials. I am going for the vintage look in the room! With all that said here are some pics of the nursery "work in progress."






I will end this post with a new belly pic of Jack! I'm 27 weeks! Only 12 more to go! Wheew...thank goodness!~



Until next time.......

2 comments:

AngelaP said...

Oh Jill....I loooove the vintage look...it's so unique!!!! It looks faboo!

Ang said...

It is absolutely beautiful!! You should have seriously been an interior design major!